26 Jan 50 Valentine’s Day Card Messages for Your Special Someone
Heart-shaped boxes filled with creamy chocolates, bouquets of beautiful roses, two glasses of wine at the dinner table…Valentine’s Day is almost here! That means the spotlight will be on romance, affection, and all the warm, fuzzy feelings love brings. Valentine’s Day is also the perfect time to express how much the people in your life mean to you, and what better way to do that than in a Valentine’s Day card? Whether it’s for a significant other, parent, child, or friend, a handwritten card is a sincere way to show your appreciation to everyone you care about.
Jaime Bronstein, licensed clinical social worker and author of “MAN*ifesting,” says when it comes to writing a Valentine’s Day card message, be as specific and authentic as possible. “Focus on all the reasons you love them,” she says. “Share with them what you believe are their most wonderful qualities.”
A Valentine’s Day message, Bronstein says, should let the recipient know, in a sincere way, how you feel about having them in your life. “When we can access our feelings, we feel inspired to express them, and they flow easily from our hearts onto the card,” she says.
Ready to write your heart out? Check out our 50 Valentine’s Day card messages below to get started.
Valentine’s Day card messages for your husband
- Since I married you, my heart has never been happier. Every day with you feels like our honeymoon. Happy Valentine’s Day, my love!
- You’re my happily-ever-after, my forever love, and the hero of my heart.
- Thank you for filling my life with laughs, love, and adventure. I love you!
- You’ve been strong for me, and it’s one of the things I love about you. You are my rock, and I’m thankful for you every day.
- You’re everything I hoped for in a husband, and nothing makes me happier than knowing we’re building a beautiful life together.
- You are my best friend, my partner, and my soulmate. I love you.
- I’m so lucky to be in love with my best friend. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- I don’t need chocolate. I don’t need a fancy dinner. I don’t need any gifts. I only need you. Always and forever.
Valentine’s Day card messages for your wife
- Happy Valentine’s Day to my love! I am proud of you and everything you do. You are the love of my life, and I am forever grateful for all we share.
- When we met, I knew I wanted to spend every single Valentine’s Day with you. You are my everything, and I can’t imagine my life without you.
- You make me happy, and you complete me. Happy Valentine’s Day to my beautiful wife.
- You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me, and I’m still falling for you every single day.
- I am as taken by you today as I was on the day we met. Loving you has always been easy, my eternal valentine.
- If I could, I would wrap up all my love for you and put it in a gift box — but they don’t make boxes large enough. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- I would choose you again and again. Happy Valentine’s Day to the woman of my dreams.
- My love, you’re the reason I am who I am today. Thank you for everything you do for our family. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- You are my love, my life, my heart, and my forever valentine.
Valentine’s Day card messages for your boyfriend or girlfriend
- You make my heart smile. I can’t wait to see what our future holds.
- On Valentine’s Day and every day, being next to you is my favorite place to be.
- I may not be your first date, first kiss, or first love, but I want to be your last everything.
- You’re sweet, smart, and tons of fun! I’m so glad you’re mine. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- My dream came true when you entered my life. Now every day is a dream come true. Happy Valentine’s Day, my love.
- There’s no one I’d rather share my heart with this Valentine’s Day than you.
- You inspire me to be the best version of myself. Thank you for being you.
- I’m so happy we both swiped right. Happy Valentine’s Day to my perfect match!
- My feelings for you grow deeper every day. Thank you for being thoughtful, sweet, and cuddly.
Valentine’s Day card messages for your parents
- You are the reason for my happiness and success. Thank you for guiding me to becoming the best version of myself. I love you!
- You make this love thing look easy. Happy Valentine’s Day, Mom and Dad!
- Happy Valentine’s Day to my wonderful parents. Your love is an inspiration to me. Wishing you a day of [favorite activity] together!
- With you as my parents, I know what it means to love unconditionally. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Two wishes in one — that’s what you are to me. Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!
- May life always bring you two the best in all things because you’ve been two of the best things in my life. I love you.
- If I have never said thank you for bringing me into the world, I’d like to do that now. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- I hope you have a Valentine’s Day that’s as wonderful as you are!
Valentine’s Day card messages for kids
- Sending great big hugs and kisses to the most lovable little valentine I know!
- I love you more than a million [favorite snack]!
- Have a lovely day filled with lots of laughs and tasty treats!
- So many of my smiles begin with you. Thanks for bringing so much joy to my life.
- Right from the start, you stole my heart. Happy love day, my little valentine!
- You know what I love about you? Everything! Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Sweet treats on Valentine’s Day help us remember to be sweet to each other. Happy Valentine’s Day to the sweetest kid I know!
- Happy Valentine’s Day! Remember not to eat too much candy — you’re sweet enough already.
Valentine’s Day card messages for your friends
- Here’s to a Valentine’s Day filled with good wine, delicious food, and my best friend in the whole wide world.
- Thank you for standing by my side through it all, my forever friend. I love you!
- I couldn’t ask for someone who loves and supports me more than you do. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- You warm my heart in so many ways. I hope your day is cozy and filled with love!
- The hearts in my eyes are for the friends who have loved me through the years. Happy Valentine’s Day to the sweetest! Thanks for being my best friend!
- Friends are the flowers in the garden of life. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- When you have a friend who is always there by your side, you are incredibly lucky. Wishing a very happy Galentine’s Day to someone who is my strength.
- I cannot thank you enough for being a part of my life and making it an amazing one. Happy Galentine’s Day, my beautiful friend!
Send a gift with your Valentine’s Day card
Don’t forget to send a gift with your Valentine’s Day card to make your loved one’s Feb. 14 super special! Go for the WOW with our truly original Valentine’s Day keepsakes, flowers, and treats. There’s something to make every special someone smile!