Our round up of tween girl clothing is one of our most popular, especially since this age can be hard to shop for. It truly is in between — they’ve outgrown most of the children clothing and brands, but they’re still too young for most of the teen or adult clothing and sizing. We’ve received so many requests from boy moms for a similar round up of clothing brands for tween boys, and today we’re thrilled to share it with you!
We know most boys this age (between 8-12, typically) prefer to wear athletic shorts and t-shirts. That’s appropriate for many occasions, but there might be a time when he’ll need to wear something nicer — like church, school events, holidays, or special family gatherings. This is a list of our favorite brands for tween boys that offer clothing, shoes, and accessories that is both classic and on-trend, spanning from casual to “dressier.” Otherwise known as: Clothes they’ll actually want to wear that are also mom-approved!
Below are the brands we love for all occasions for tween boys!
Favorite Tween Boy Clothing Brands
- J. Crew — A staple, and goes up to size 16. J. Crew is a great source for elevated basics, jeans, chinos, and more. Also a great source for suits when on sale.
- J. Crew Factory — A great destination for J. Crew looks at a discounted price. Boys’ sizing goes up to 16, but men’s sizing starts at XS which may fit older boys.
- Vineyard Vines — Perfect for polos, nicer button-down shirts, and swimwear in the summer. Tween boys like the t-shirts, too!
- Johnnie-O — A great brand for nicer items like polos, shorts, and pullovers! Goes up to size 16, and boys will love their variety of performance wear.
- Nike — From casual tees to shoes, socks, backpacks, and more, Nike is a must for boys this age! Great size options and easy returns.
- Peter Millar Youth — If you’re looking for nicer clothes for special occasions like church or holidays, Peter Millar is a great brand. It’s popular with young adults and men (so he can dress like dad!), and sizing is from XS (age 5-6) to XL (age 13-14).
- Old Navy — For inexpensive everyday wear, look no further than Old Navy! Great sizing (and older boys can try smaller men’s sizes) and online orders almost always include a discount or free shipping.
- Dillard’s — Don’t miss out on all the greatness at Dillard’s! Their Class Club brand has school uniform pieces, classic shirts and shorts and sport coats. Polo is great for classic items he’ll wear all the time, and Properly Tied is a southern-inspired casual brand he’ll wear to school and on weekends!
- Nordstrom — One of our go-to sources for nicer shoes and name brands. Lots of sizing options! If you’re looking for a suit for communion, weddings, or a special occasion, be sure to check out Tallia!
- Macy’s — Lots of great in-house brands mixed with name brands tween boys like!
- Bella Bliss — Classics for weekends, church, and beyond!
- Polo Ralph Lauren — A must for family photos and special occasion wear. Goes up to size 20.
- Neiman Marcus — Don’t miss Appaman, an elevated casual line that won’t break the bank.
- Brooks Brothers — More than just suits! Great fit that will last them a while.
- Jos. A Bank — Many don’t know they have a youth line. Watch for sales.
- Amazon — Many brands have Amazon lines at a fraction of the price, like Calvin Klein (great for lounge and underwear and even suits)!
- Lululemon — Older boys can fit into the adult sizing.
- Abercrombie — Goes up to size 17/18 in boys, and adult sizes could work too.
- Southern Tide — Great t-shirts that look nice!
- Free Fly — Another great spot for casual t-shirts, shorts, and basics.
- New Balance — Popular sneakers with this age! 550 and 574 are popular styles!
And don’t forget that we have an incredible online, on-demand course just for tween and teen boys — A Young Man’s Guide to Manners, teaching them the social skill and life skills needed in today’s world. Click here to learn more!